Meeting Minutes – March 10th, 2021
Beijing (Yan Li)
- Presented SES predictions for TAZs using travel survey and imagery. Updates on neural network used to estimate SES.
- Survey data does not cover entire metropolitan region (survey is centered in Beijing), can extend to greater region.
- Presented preliminary results for greater Beijing including suburbs.
- What are the desired area-level outcomes?
- Avg. Highest Degree
- Ratio of non-blue collar workers
- Avg. household income
- Avg. Floor Area
- Ratio of commercial housing
- Median Income (Proxy for Development levels)
- Other metrics? Continuous or categorical?
- Collecting other datasets, preparing for Accra/Dhaka comparison paper.
- Reviewed regional poverty & inequality metrics, reinforcing previous literature on North-South & urban-rural disparities. Justifies focus on within-region inequality
- Presented maps on poverty and inequality in Greater Accra. Highlighted urban/rural disparities. Suggestion to refocus on central Accra as we are more interested in urban patterns, as opposed to comparing urban/rural disparities.
- Data on Vancouver for years 2006, 2011, 2016 is being developed at multiple geographies. Data is also being collected for Montreal and Toronto.
- Next Week – PEHC Symposium, Wednesday, March 17th.
- Meeting with Dhaka/Accra groups March 18th to discuss available auxiliary data for use in a comparative analysis.
Next meeting date and time:
April 14th, 2021
- Montreal 9 am
- London 2 pm
- Accra 1pm
- Dhaka 7 pm
- Beijing 9 pm